BCO Parent/Player Code of Conduct
BCO Volleyball Club is committed to ensuring that all players have the opportunity to participate in a safe and welcoming environment that is encouraging and promotes their overall development.
• All parents and players are expected to conduct themselves in a responsible manner consistent with the values of fair play, integrity, open communication and mutual respect.
• Parents shall always model positive and responsible behaviour and communicate with their son/daughter that they expect them to do the same. Parents will assume the major responsibility for their son/daughter’s on court conduct and attitude.
• Parents and players shall at all times treat all individuals and property with dignity, courtesy and respect, including but not limited to players, coaches, officials, volunteers, other parents, and all other individuals that are part of the club, Volleyball BC and Volleyball Canada.
• Parents and players shall refrain from any behaviour, or comments, which are profane, insulting, harassing, sexist, racist, abusive, disrespectful or otherwise offensive without hostility or violence.
• Parents shall emphasize the importance of values like sportsmanship, respect, cooperation, competition and teamwork to their son/daughter, offering praise for competing fairly, participation and skill development.
• Play time is at the sole discretion of the coaches and will not be discussed with parents.
• Parents shall set high, but reasonable expectations for their son/daughter’s participation in volleyball, focusing on development and enjoyment for the child.
• Parents shall instill confidence in their son/daughter’s ability and skill development, always avoiding comparisons with other players. Parents shall respect that the coach is responsible and empowered for the on court development of the athlete. A parent’s role shall be to take a healthy interest in their child’s progress and development and be responsible for the child’s nutrition, rest, overall health, life balance, and moral and emotional support.
• Parents shall never provide alcohol or drugs to minors in a BCO environment. Players shall never use alcohol or drugs while in a BCO environment.
• Parents shall never provide or advocate the use of performance enhancing drugs or substances.
• Parents shall avoid any conduct, which brings their club, into disrepute, including but not limited to abusive use of alcohol, non-medical use of drugs and gambling.
• Parents shall openly support and uphold this code of conduct policy and take action and steps to ensure other parents follow and uphold this code of conduct policy.
• Parents shall adhere to the policies, procedures, rules, standards, and ethics of BCO, Volleyball BC and Volleyball Canada.